Winter is the perfect time to indulge in all the fresh seasonal produce that’s available. From a wide variety of oranges to lemons and limes, and let’s not forget about the grapefruits, there are so many different types of citrus to choose from. As someone who has an obsession with fresh seasonal produce, I love experimenting with different types of citrus.
One day, when I was stumped thinking about what to make for supper, I opened my fridge and saw all the oranges I had stocked up. I was thinking how pretty would that look together. That’s when the brainstorm hit. I should use it all to make my dinner. The result was a Pomegranate Citrus Chicken recipe that incorporated all of the delicious citrus fruits in my fridge. The sweet and tangy flavors of the citrus paired perfectly with the juicy, roasted chicken, and the pomegranate added a delightful pop of color and flavor.
To enhance the flavors of the dish, consider garnishing it with pomegranate arils and a sprinkle of black pepper. The pomegranate seeds will add a crunchy texture and a burst of sweetness, while the black pepper will provide a subtle kick of heat.
Not only is this Pomegranate Citrus Chicken recipe perfect for a cozy dinner on a chilly winter night, but it’s also a great dish to serve for special occasions or when entertaining guests. The vibrant colors and bold flavors of the dish will surely impress your guests and make for a memorable meal.
Incorporating seasonal produce into your meals is a great way to add flavor and nutrients to your diet, and this Pomegranate Citrus Chicken recipe is the perfect way to do so. So why not stock up on some fresh citrus and give this recipe a try? Your taste buds will thank you. Whether you’re a seasoned foodie or a beginner in the kitchen, this easy recipe is a great way to experiment with different flavors and techniques. And with a total time of just 1.5 hours, this Pomegranate Citrus Chicken recipe is perfect for those busy weeknights when you’re short on time but still want a delicious and nutritious meal.
So why not embrace the flavors of winter and give this Pomegranate Citrus Chicken recipe a try? It’s the perfect way to add some zest to your meals and satisfy your cravings for fresh seasonal produce.
Zesty pomegranate chicken
- 1 whole or cut up chicken
- ½ cup orange juice
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 4 cloves garlic; crushed
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 orange; sliced (you can use any variety)
- 1 grapefruit; sliced (you can switch it out for orange)
- 1 lemon; sliced
- Fresh thyme
- ½ cup Pomegranate arils for garnish
- Chopped parsley for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 425°F.
- Place the chicken and sliced citrus in a large roasting pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together the orange juice, honey, crushed garlic, salt, and black pepper. Pour the mixture over the chicken and citrus in the roasting pan, making sure to coat the chicken evenly.
- Sprinkle some fresh thyme over the chicken, then cover the roasting pan.
- Place the roasting pan in the preheated oven and bake for 40 minutes.
- After 40 minutes, uncover the roasting pan and continue baking for an additional 50-60 minutes, until the skin is sticky, golden brown, and the internal temperature of the chicken is 165°F.
- Once the chicken is fully cooked, remove it from the oven and let it rest for a few minutes.
- Before serving, top the chicken with fresh pomegranate arils and chopped parsley for added color and flavor.
Leave a Reply