When it comes to mealtime, my family loves assembling our own sandwiches, each to our own unique taste. And one of our favorite proteins to use in these delicious creations is pulled chicken. This recipe is not only packed with flavor, but also incredibly simple to make. With flexible timing options, whether you cook it all day in the slow cooker or just 15 minutes in the instant pot, you can work it into your busy schedule with ease.
Making pulled chicken is a fun activity for the whole family, especially when you set up a sandwich bar with all the toppings. My kids love choosing their own toppings, like red cabbage slaw, dill pickles, jalapeño peppers, shredded iceberg lettuce, mango salsa, and guacamole. This recipe is sure to become a hit at your dinner table, so why not give it a try tonight? Transform your dinner with flavorful pulled chicken!
- 3 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 cup orange juice
- ¼ cup apricot jam
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ jalapeno, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 2 Lb skinless boneless chicken breast
- In a bowl, mix together the tomato paste, orange juice, apricot jam, apple cider vinegar, jalapeno, smoked paprika, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper.
- Add the chicken breast to the pot and pour the sauce over the chicken.
- Instant Pot:Set the Instant Pot to high pressure for 12 minutes.
- After cooking, turn the steam valve to the venting position to release the pressure.
- Slow Cooker:Place the pot in a slow cooker on high for 4 hours.
- Transfer the chicken to a plate and shred with two forks while hot.
- Return the chicken to the pot and stir to coat.
- Serve the chicken with buns and toppings of your choice.
Leave a Reply