Have you ever tried marinated fresh mozzarella cheese? If not, it’s time to change that! This recipe is not only easy to make, but it’s also the perfect snack to have on hand. With the ability to last in the fridge for up to a week, it’s the perfect solution for those times when you’re looking for something light and satisfying.
Years ago, I stumbled upon the most amazing discovery – marinated mozzarella cheese. I was in search of a light and flavorful snack, and once I tried it, I was hooked. Over the next few weeks, I played around with different flavors and ingredients, making batch after batch until I had perfected the recipe.
The versatility of this dish is what makes it so special. I’ve added it to everything from grilled cheese sandwiches to pasta dishes which was served it cold as a pasta salad and the next day, I gently reheated it, letting the cheese melt to perfection, and served it with a side of fresh greens. This dish has quickly become a staple in my household, and we love incorporating it into everything from scrambled eggs to salads and pasta dishes.
What I love most about this recipe is how the flavors develop over time. The longer you let the mozzarella marinate, the more delicious it gets! So, go ahead and make it in advance. Your taste buds will thank you!
If you’re looking for a flavorful and versatile snack that’s easy to make, look no further! This marinated mozzarella cheese recipe is the answer. The combination of fresh mozzarella, Kalamata olives, grape tomatoes, basil, olive oil, salt, and a touch of smoked paprika creates a flavor explosion that’s sure to impress. So, what are you waiting for? Give it a try and add this delicious dish to your list of go-to recipes.
Marinated mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup Kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 Chili Pepper (Optional), Finely Sliced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 pound of fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into bite-sized pieces
- In a large bowl, combine the sun-dried tomatoes, Kalamata olives, basil, chili pepper, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Mix until well combined.
- Add the mozzarella pieces to the bowl and gently toss until they are well coated in the marinade.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 24 hours for best results.
- Tossed with cold pasta for a quick and easy pasta salad dinner
- Heated gently and served as a hot pasta dish with a side of fresh salad
- Added to scrambled eggs for a flavorful breakfast
- Included on a cheese board for a sophisticated appetizer
- Used as a topping for a delicious salad
- Enjoyed as a snack next to fresh bread or crackers
- Melted in a grilled cheese sandwich for a twist on a classic