Homemade sourdough pita chips are an easy and tasty way to use up any leftover pita bread. By using your homemade sourdough pita bread, you’ll add a delicious flavor to your pita chips that you won’t find in store-bought versions. Plus, with the variety of dips and dishes that pair well with pita chips, you’ll always have a snack that’s ready to impress your guests or satisfy your cravings. With a prep time of just 5 minutes and bake time of 10-15 minutes, these pita chips are a quick and easy snack that’s perfect for any occasion.
Sourdough pita chips
- 4 sourdough pita breads (check out our recipe here)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Cut each pita bread into eight wedges, like you would a pizza.
- Spread the wedges out onto a baking sheet, making sure they're not overlapping.
- Brush each wedge with olive oil, then sprinkle salt and garlic powder on top.
- Place the baking sheet in the preheated ovePlace the baking sheet in the preheated oven and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the pita chips are crispy and golden brown.
- Remove the pita chips from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Guacamole: Scoop up some fresh guacamole with your crispy pita chips.
- Hummus: Dip your pita chips in a classic hummus or try a flavored variation like roasted red pepper or spinach and artichoke.
- Tzatziki: This Greek dip is a refreshing and tangy addition to your pita chips.
- Baba ganoush: This eggplant dip is a great complement to the smoky flavor of the pita chips.
- Shakshuka: Serve your pita chips alongside a skillet of shakshuka for a satisfying breakfast or brunch dish.