As a mother, I know how tough it can be to find a meal that everyone will enjoy. My family can be a little picky when it comes to dinner.That’s why I love Shepherd’s Pie, it’s got something for everyone. Some of my kids love creamy mashed potatoes while others prefer the crispy texture. With Shepherd’s Pie, they both get what they want. The creamy mashed potatoes provide a comforting texture while the crispy edges add the perfect crunch. It’s a real crowd-pleaser, I promise!
Making Shepherd’s Pie is simple and the dish can be prepped and cooked within an hour. You can even customize it to cater to your family’s preferences. If they aren’t a fan of peas and/or carrots, no problem! Simply leave them out and the dish will still be just as delicious.
So, there you have it, a classic British comfort food that’s quick, easy, and delicious. Give Shepherd’s Pie a try tonight and enjoy a comforting and nutritious meal that everyone will love. Happy cooking!
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 2 diced carrots
- 1 cp frozen peas
- 2 lb ground meat
- 3 oz tomato paste
- ½ cup chicken or beef stock
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 6 medium potatoes peeled and cut into quarters
- 1 Tbs salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 egg yolk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Boil the potatoes in a medium-sized pot with 1 Tbs of salt until tender, about 20-25 minutes.
- Drain and mash the potatoes then stir in the egg yolk.
- While the potatoes are cooking prepare the meat. In a 12 inch oven-proof skillet, sauté the onion and carrots for 5 minutes. Add the ground meat, tomato paste, stock, salt, and spices to the skillet and cook for 10 minutes, stirring until the meat is crumbled.
- Add the peas to the skillet and cook for the last 2 minutes.
- Spread the mashed potatoes over the meat mixture. Decorate the peaks with a fork.
- Bake the Shepherd's Pie in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Leave a Reply