As a busy working mom, I know what it’s like to try and prepare nourishing dinners while running errands, attending meetings, and taking care of the kids. It can be hectic and stressful, which is why having a few easy and reliable recipes on rotation is essential. That’s where Burger Soup comes in – the perfect one-pot meal that will make your life a whole lot easier.
Ground beef is a versatile ingredient that can be used in many different dishes, from classic burgers to hearty meatballs. And with Burger Soup, you can add another delicious recipe to your ground beef repertoire. This soup is a flavorful and satisfying way to enjoy ground beef, and it’s a great option for those looking for a healthier alternative to traditional beef dishes. Plus, by combining the beef with nutritious vegetables, you’re getting a well-rounded meal that’s packed with vitamins and minerals. So why not give this easy and versatile recipe a try and see for yourself how delicious it can be?
Burger Soup is not only hearty and flavorful, but it’s also incredibly easy to make. With just a few simple ingredients and spices, you can have dinner on the table in no time. Plus, if you make it in an instant pot, you can have dinner ready in just 25 minutes! This soup is a crowd-pleaser that everyone in your family will love. My kids can be picky eaters, but they always ask for seconds of this soup.
This Burger Soup is the perfect one-pot meal that will make your life a whole lot easier. It’s a crowd-pleaser that everyone in your family will love, and it’s also a great way to enjoy ground beef in a healthier and more nutritious way. So why not add this easy and versatile recipe to your meal rotation and see for yourself how delicious it can be?
- 2 Tbs oil
- 1 large onion diced
- 4 carrots diced
- 4 stalk celery diced
- 2 potatoes diced
- 1 sweet potato diced
- 1 14 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1.5 lb ground beef
- 1 Tbs salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 4-6 cups water
- To a pot, add oil, onions, carrots, and celery. Sauté for a few minutes.
- Add potatoes, sweet potatoes, diced tomatoes, and spices. Mix well and cook for 5-8 minutes.
- Add ground beef, break it up, mix and cook for an additional 8-10 minutes. Cover with water, bring to a boil and cook on medium heat for 40 minutes Or, set instant pot to 15 minutes on high pressure.
- Serve with fresh herbs and avocado.
- Ground turkey or chicken: Swap out the ground beef for ground turkey or chicken for a leaner protein option.
- Vegetarian option: Omit the meat and add extra vegetables or a meat substitute like tofu or tempeh.
- Different vegetables: You can switch up the vegetables to use whatever you have on hand or prefer. For example, try using sweet peppers instead of carrots, or adding in some chopped kale or spinach.
- Spices: Experiment with different spice blends to change up the flavor of the soup. For example, you could try adding some chili powder or smoked paprika for a smoky, spicy kick.
- Beans: Add in some cooked beans, such as black beans or kidney beans, for extra fiber and protein.
- Toppings: Top the soup with avocado, fresh herbs, or a dollop of vegan sour cream for a delicious finishing touch.