Growing up, cauliflower was never really on my family’s menu. But as I started to make changes to my lifestyle and prioritize healthy eating, I began experimenting with new vegetables – including cauliflower. To my surprise, this veggie quickly became a favorite in my household. In fact, one of my kids loves it so much that I try to include it in our dinner rotation at least once a week! That’s why I’m excited to share this delicious recipe for Dijon Cauliflower with Harissa Techina – it’s the perfect way to take this versatile veggie to the next level.
When I first started cooking with cauliflower, I mostly roasted it with some basic seasonings. However, I soon realized that cauliflower is incredibly versatile and can be used in so many different ways. This recipe for Dijon Cauliflower with Harissa Techina is one of my favorite ways to prepare it. The tangy and spicy combination of Dijon mustard and harissa, pairs perfectly with the crispy cauliflower and creamy techina. It’s a dish that is both flavorful and healthy, and can be served as a side dish or as part of a larger salad.
Harissa is a North African chili paste that adds a spicy kick to the dish. It is typically made with hot chili peppers, garlic, cumin, coriander, caraway, and olive oil. Harissa can be found in most grocery stores, but my favorite brand is Mina, which is made with only six simple ingredients and no preservatives. Mixing techina, another name for tahini, a sesame seed paste that is commonly used in Middle Eastern cuisine, with harissa creates a delicious and creamy dip that pairs perfectly with the crispy cauliflower.
Cauliflower is a cruciferous vegetable that is packed with health benefits. It is an excellent source of fiber, vitamins C, K, and B6, as well as potassium, magnesium, and manganese. Additionally, it contains antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds. Plus, it’s a great low-carb and low-calorie option for those who are watching their intake.
Once the cauliflower is done baking, serve it with the harissa techina on the side. This dish can be served warm or at room temperature, making it a great option for a party or potluck. So why not try this recipe tonight and see for yourself just how delicious and versatile cauliflower can be?
Dijon Cauliflower with Harissa Techina Recipe
- 24 oz cauliflower
- 1/4 cup oil
- 3 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup prepared techina (tahini)
- 2 Tbsp harissa
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Spread the cauliflower out on a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, mix together the oil, Dijon mustard, garlic, salt, and black pepper until combined.
- Pour the Dijon mixture over the cauliflower and toss until it's evenly coated.
- Bake the cauliflower for 35-45 minutes, or until it's crispy and golden brown.
- While the cauliflower is baking, mix the techina with harissa until well incorporated.
- Once the cauliflower is done baking, serve it with the harissa techina on the side.
- This dish can be served warm or at room temperature.
- Enjoy this flavorful and healthy Dijon Cauliflower with Harissa Techina recipe as a side dish for any meal. It's easy to make and perfect for any occasion!
- If fresh cauliflower is not available, don’t worry! You can easily use frozen cauliflower in this recipe. Just make sure to thaw it completely and pat it dry with a paper towel to prevent excess moisture.
- Once the cauliflower is done baking, you can serve it warm or at room temperature, making it a great option for a party or potluck. You can also get creative with how you serve it – try serving it as a side dish or on top of a bed of kale and finished off with some chopped nuts for a nice kale cauli salad.