If you’re someone who loves a good salad with a bit of a kick, then you have to try this Arugula Mushroom Salad. I’ve always been a fan of arugula’s unique flavor which has a nice kick almost like pepper, and this recipe highlights that flavor perfectly. But don’t just take my word for it, arugula is considered a superfood, loaded with antioxidants and a variety of essential vitamins and minerals.
This salad is the perfect combination of crunchy and savory, with the mushrooms and arugula being the stars of the show. And to make this dish even more delicious, I love adding cherry tomatoes and red onions for a touch of sweetness and spice.
But what really takes this salad to the next level is the lemon dressing. The tangy flavor of the lemon combined with the garlic, honey, and whole grain mustard make this dressing the perfect complement to the mushrooms and arugula.
And the best part? This recipe is easy to make and only takes a few minutes. Simply sauté the mushrooms until they’re nice and browned, and then mix with the arugula, cherry tomatoes, and red onions. Top with the delicious lemon dressing, and voilà! You have a healthy and delicious meal that’s sure to impress.
So, whether you’re looking for a healthy and nutritious side dish or a light and flavorful appetizer, this Arugula Mushroom Salad is the perfect recipe for you. Give it a try and I promise, you won’t be disappointed!
Arugula Mushroom Salad
- 12 oz oz arugula
- 1 container (10 oz) portobello mushrooms
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 Tbsp mustard
- 1 Tbsp whole grain mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 1/2
- 1 Tbsp honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Croutons (will link sourdough crouton recipe)
- Cut the mushrooms in half and sauté on high heat until browned.
- In a large bowl, mix together the arugula, cherry tomatoes, and red onion.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the olive oil, mustard, whole grain mustard, minced garlic, lemon juice, honey, salt, and pepper.
- Dress the salad with the dressing and top with croutons.
Leave a Reply